The Department of Civil year Engineering was established in the 2011 with the batch of 34 students. The department aims at development with the goal of preparing students to enter a modern civil engineering workforce and to enlighten the world with their innovative thoughts.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES / GOALS
The educational objectives are consistent with the university, college and department missions as well. The objectives are:
- To ensure that graduates will have a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities necessary for entering civil engineering career and/or graduate school.
- To produce graduates that have the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and assessing design alternatives and the related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
- To produce graduates who have verbal and written communication skills necessary for successful professional practice.
- To prepare graduates to function effectively on teams.
- To prepare graduates to deal with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil engineering.
- To prepare graduates for professional licensure, leadership roles and life-long learning.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
The Department of Civil Engineering strives to graduate highly qualified engineers, maintain nationally recognized research and provide quality professional and community service to the region and the world. By taking full advantage of our medium size, numerous multidisciplinary research projects, and close faculty/student interactions, the Department provides a distinctive, internationally recognized learning experience.
We empower our students to gain technical, design, and management skills needed for leadership. We emphasize fundamental principles and design methods that apply to many career paths. We conduct research that advances our ability to:
- Plan, design, construct, and operate society's infrastructure.
- Design and control behavior of materials.
- Sustain natural and engineered environmental systems.