Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2001.The department aims at technical and professional competency and also aids in inculcating moral and ethical values. The alacrity of the students to learn makes it easier for the department of computer science and engineering to produce top-notch engineers who are being recruited by companies all over the world.
To make students technologically superior & ethically strong and build them as professionals Who will become the trend setters in the Industry.
- To advance the knowledge of computer science engineering through education, research, and service for the betterment of industry, government, and society.
- Provide quality education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and engineering.
- Provide computer science engineering expertise to the people of our nation.
- Our programs have co-requirements to assure that our graduates have thorough training in logical and critical reasoning needed for continuing intellectual growth.
- Commitment to high-quality education and student success.
- Continuous program improvement through assessment of program educational objectives and student outcomes.
- New initiatives and programs with changes in technology and global interdependence.
- Continued professional development of faculty members and scholarly contributions to the discipline, often with student participation.
SHORT TERM GOALS (2012-2013)
- To get consistent excellent results in both theory and practical.
- Provide opportunities for our students to engage in research.
- Providing high quality in teaching and learning standards.
- Conduct more national level activities as techno fest, workshops and seminars.
- Establish Research and Consultancy Centre.
Highly qualified and experienced faculty with specialization in Networking, Algorithms, Data Mining, Image Processing, Software Engineering, Natural language processing, Computer graphics, Web Technology, Embedded systems, Evolutionary computing, Network security, Wireless sensor networks etc. are available.
Department has well equipped laboratories and laboratory facilities are available to the students round the clock. Department has internet facilities (8Mbps) through leased line. Students are given proper exposure to current trends including embedded system design, network management and administration, bio-informatics, extreme programming, software architecture, sensor networks, grid computing, soft computing etc. through workshops, guest lectures, seminars by industry experts, professionals etc., The Department has around 124 students and about 26 erudite staff who teach how to think rather what to think. The students are not only trained in academic excellence but are also encouraged to acquire industry exposure through in-plant training sessions to be in the vanguard of pioneering dexterity .The learning atmosphere being more practical oriented makes the transition from an educational institution to an industry effortless. &supporting staff and proficient management have all added to status of the department.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
PROGRAMMES RUN BY THE DEPARTMENT ARE
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E Computer Science and Engineering